Careers at Vivomi
POSITION: BI Software Developer
DUTIES: Complete ad hoc data retrieval and analysis using relational databases, Excel and other data management systems and apply deep analytic and business intelligence skills to extract meaningful insight and learning from large and complicated data sets. Own the design, development and maintenance of reports, dashboards, metrics, and related. Gather requirements from stakeholders and business users. Create interactive filters, parameters and calculations for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau. Provide best practice guidance for requirements analysis and prioritization. Contribute to the development of the company’s products by deploying and testing internal builds on a regular basis. Monitor changing requirements for the databases and implement solutions. Work with the project management team to ensure deliverables is broken down into manageable tasks and scheduled appropriately. Maintain the security of the company’s data stores by checking for updates. Expand data store features in a sustainable manner with zero (or minimal) downtime. Plan and execute the transition of data between data store technologies. Interface with other members of the team to ensure that all data is being captured by the data stores. Perform peer reviews of code written by other developers. Triage data issues and implement integration tests to ensure external systems are properly interfacing with the company databases. Implement tools that support product development and testing. Participate in discussions of data services to guide the growth of the company’s data storage, analysis capabilities, and machine learning.
Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field, or the foreign degree equivalent; and, two (2) years of experience performing Business Intelligence and Data analysis and writing and optimizing SQL scripts. * This experience must include one year of experience in each of the following:
- Utilizing SQL, ETL using SSIS, and Data Warehouse, and loading data from OLTP to DataWarehouse, validating the data after transformation, converting existing OLTP stored procedure to DataWarehouse stored procedures, and using Excel for detailed calculations.
- Utilizing C# and scripting tools such as Python.
- Working in an agile development environment.
- Working independently on a constrained problem and dealing with ambiguity and competing priorities, including obtaining clarifying information about the requirement from stakeholders.
- Drawing insights from data and clearly communicating them to stakeholders and management as required.
- Utilizing at least 1 data visualization platform such as Tableau or SSRS.
- Optimizing Dashboards.
- Utilizing Database Normal Forms to analyze and understand legacy database implementations and provide recommendations on improvement.
Experience may be gained concurrently.
*A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field, or the foreign degree equivalent, and five years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience performing Business Intelligence and Data analysis and writing and optimizing SQL scripts is acceptable in lieu of a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field, or the foreign degree equivalent, and two years of experience performing Business Intelligence and Data analysis and writing and optimizing SQL scripts.
LOCATION: 40 hours per week in Lake Stevens, WA
APPLY: E-mail resume to: email@example.com